Business Lancashire Business news for Lancashire
- Planning approved for growth at Levity CropScienceby Sam Whitear on July 16, 2021 at 7:31 am
Lancashire based Levity CropScience, one of the UK’s leading Crop Science companies, has recently received planning approval for its new state of the art Crop Science Research Centre in Woodplumpton. They will now be able to grow crops under research conditions and discover ways to make them grow better. Levity’s products help growers throughout the
- New Lancashire LEP Annual Report analyses economic impact of Covid-19 and outlines county’s roadmap for recoveryby Sam Whitear on July 13, 2021 at 7:33 am
The Lancashire Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has today published its 2020-2021 Annual Report. The 36-page document includes in-depth analysis of Lancashire’s economic performance during the pandemic, reviews the interventions deployed to mitigate the impact of lockdown on business, and outlines the LEP’s strategic, inclusive approach to help the county recover. It further reiterates the LEP’s support
- Digital system experts get Naval base connectedby Sam Whitear on July 2, 2021 at 11:30 am
A new digital radio communications system developed by a Lancashire company is meeting the demands of the Clyde Naval Base in Scotland. The system installed by Leyland-based TES Communication Solutions provides for secure encryption and fibre links for consistency of data and voice communications across Babcock Marine fleet engineering delivery team which provides maintenance for
- Plans approved for £5m Blackpool Airport Enterprise Zone sports facilitiesby Sam Whitear on July 2, 2021 at 9:24 am
Plans have been approved for phase two of the development for new sports facilities at the Blackpool Airport Enterprise Zone. Blackpool Council and Fylde Borough Council have approved proposals for new changing rooms, a new 3G sports pitch, a replacement grass rugby pitch and training area on land off Common Edge Road in Marton, Blackpool.
- Lancashire Mind survey to shape mental health services for young peopleby Sam Whitear on July 2, 2021 at 8:18 am
Mental Health charity Lancashire Mind has launched its first Children and Young People’s Survey to help shape the charity’s services and capture opinions towards mental health and wellbeing across the county. Working with schools, community groups and parents/carers, Lancashire Mind aims to record current views on mental health amongst children and young people aged 10
Boost Lancashire’s Business Growth Hub
- A coffee with a Boost coach: Jim Forshawby Freshfield on July 26, 2021 at 8:44 am
As part of promoting the valuable support delivered through Boost’s Bespoke programme, we highlight some of the coaches working with Lancashire businesses behind the scenes. So grab a coffee and read about Jim Forshaw, a banking specialist working across a variety of sectors. The post A coffee with a Boost coach: Jim Forshaw appeared first on Boost.
- A minute with a Boost mentor: Amal Loringby Freshfield on July 21, 2021 at 9:29 am
We highlight some of the mentors working with Lancashire businesses behind the scenes. So take a break and read about Amal Loring, an experienced businesswoman with over 23 years’ experience in business coaching and mentoring. The post A minute with a Boost mentor: Amal Loring appeared first on Boost.
- Business support spotlight: Lancashire Forumby Freshfield on July 21, 2021 at 8:00 am
Our Business Support Spotlight series highlights the wealth of support listed on Boost’s Support Hub and available to Lancashire businesses. Today’s spotlight shines on Lancaster University Management School’s Lancashire Forum. The post Business support spotlight: Lancashire Forum appeared first on Boost.
- A coffee with a Boost coach: Wendy Bowersby Freshfield on July 12, 2021 at 3:20 pm
As part of promoting the support delivered through Boost’s Bespoke programme, we highlight some of the coaches working with Lancashire businesses behind the scenes. So grab a coffee and read about business and finance specialist Wendy Bowers. The post A coffee with a Boost coach: Wendy Bowers appeared first on Boost.
- Carbon reduction with MaCaW a ‘no brainer’ says Lancashire catering supplierby Freshfield on July 8, 2021 at 2:45 pm
A Morecambe-based catering supplier is exiting the pandemic a more efficient, effective and low carbon business thanks to a carbon audit by the MaCaW project and a grant part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), The post Carbon reduction with MaCaW a ‘no brainer’ says Lancashire catering supplier appeared first on Boost.