Business Lancashire Business news for Lancashire
- How common are data breaches in the UK?by Sam Whitear on October 22, 2021 at 7:33 am
A data breach is when confidential information is accessed, copied or stolen by an unauthorized individual. And they’re a widespread problem for UK businesses. 88 per cent of UK businesses had some form of data breach in the 12 months leading up to May 2020. High income charities have been targeted in particular. Below,
- James Hall & Co. Ltd charity sandwich support passes £600,000 in a month of milestonesby Sam Whitear on October 21, 2021 at 8:22 am
It has been a month of milestones for James Hall & Co. Ltd as the company’s total charity support through SPAR sandwich sales has passed through the £600,000 mark. A decade after launching its penny pledge per sandwich sale in October 2011, James Hall & Co. Ltd has now reached the major six figure total.
- Lancashire businesses need stability from government, says tax expertby Sam Whitear on October 21, 2021 at 7:37 am
Businesses need the government to provide a stable economic and political environment as they recover from the Covid-19 pandemic. This was the view of Tony Medcalf, tax partner at Lancashire-based chartered accountants and business advisers MHA Moore and Smalley, as he previewed the upcoming autumn budget on October 27 and the likelihood of changes in
- How to capitalise on festive eCommerce trafficby Sam Whitear on October 21, 2021 at 7:18 am
Christmas is a time of giving and extreme generosity. The lead up to Christmas is the busiest time of year for the retail industry for this very reason. The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic gave us an alternative Christmas last year. Many shops remained closed andgatherings were restricted. Consequently, many customers turned to eCommerce
- Bensons for Beds in recruitment drive to accelerate growthby Sam Whitear on October 19, 2021 at 8:25 am
Bensons for Beds is recruiting around 180 people nationwide to fill key roles and support growth as it steps up its transformation of the business. The bed and mattress retailer is looking to fill vacancies across its network of British stores, its four distribution centres, its head office in Accrington, Lancashire, and its dedicated manufacturing
Boost Lancashire’s Business Growth Hub
- Lancashire business leaders turn to each other for recovery supportby Freshfield on October 22, 2021 at 9:17 am
A growing number of business owners from across Lancashire are joining forces to solve key problems and develop their company through Peer Networks. The post Lancashire business leaders turn to each other for recovery support appeared first on Boost.
- Lancashire events venue sees strong growth after building resilience during pandemicby Freshfield on October 21, 2021 at 8:19 am
An East Lancashire events venue has seen strong growth in corporate clients and has recruited 25 additional staff after adopting a new business strategy as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The post Lancashire events venue sees strong growth after building resilience during pandemic appeared first on Boost.
- Boost Relationship Manager check-in: Chris Roseby Freshfield on October 18, 2021 at 8:05 am
Chris Rose, an accredited business advisor with over 25 years’ experience supporting Lancashire businesses, talks about his role as a Boost relationship manager. The post Boost Relationship Manager check-in: Chris Rose appeared first on Boost.
- Spotlight on Support: Upskilling the health and social care workforce across Lancashireby Freshfield on October 13, 2021 at 9:47 am
Our Business Support Spotlight series highlights the wealth of support listed on Boost’s Support Hub and available to Lancashire businesses. The post Spotlight on Support: Upskilling the health and social care workforce across Lancashire appeared first on Boost.
- Lancaster’s Cat Smith MP visits women in business networkby Freshfield on October 11, 2021 at 3:56 pm
The Growing Club CIC was delighted to receive a visit from their constituency MP, Cat Smith, to meet women in business in celebration of the organisation’s fifth year of operations. The post Lancaster’s Cat Smith MP visits women in business network appeared first on Boost.